HEIACert is fully committed to maintaining impartiality in the performance of our Certification Services. Our commitment to impartiality is manifested by our adherence to the following organizational policies and procedures:
- We don’t permit commercial, financial or other incentives to certify clients, which would compromise impartiality.
- We do not provide services such as design, manufacturing, installation, implementation, operation, maintenance, or distribution of a certified product/system or of a product/system to be certified.
- We do not provide management system consultancy services or internal auditing to any client where the certification requires HEIACert to evaluate the management system of the client.
- We do not provide consultancy services at all.
- We do not assign any individual who has performed consulting services or who has worked for the client within the preceding two years to participate in the certification process of said client.
- We do not assign any individual who has family relations with the client to assess.
- We do not certify another certification body for its quality management system.
- We do not subcontract audits to a management system consultancy organization.
- We do not state or imply that certification would be simpler, easier, faster, or less expensive if the client has a HEIA membership or has received any other service from HEIA, or if a specified consultancy organization were used.
- We do not market or offer our activities as linked with the activities that are provided by a management system consultancy organization.
- We don’t provide any service that creates a threat to impartiality; we will take the necessary actions to eliminate/control such threats.
All HEIACert personnel (internal and external) are aware of the importance of fulfilling this Impartiality Statement in our Certification Services and related activities to eliminate/control any conflict of interest and are required to sign the HEIACert Code of Conduct Agreement to assure that they understand and will comply with our Impartiality Statement.
All HEIACert personnel (internal and external) that detect possible conflicts of interest, or any situation that could be considered as a threat to our impartiality, shall reports these immediately.
To monitor adherence to this Impartiality Statement, HEIACert performs continuous risk assessment by recording identified hazards, our countermeasures, and any additional actions (maintenance) in the HEIACert Hazard Log, which is reviewed for accuracy on an annual basis and updated if any changes to our system occurred which influence the previously identified hazard to impartiality and the corresponding mitigation methods. For further details see the HEIACert Impartiality Management and Risk Assessment Procedure.
For all these purposes, we have created a Committee for Safeguarding Impartiality (CSI), which meets annually to monitor and assure that HEIACert has consistently fulfilled the Impartiality Statement. The CSI performs random sampling of certification cases with a higher potential for conflict of interest and evaluates if certification decisions have been taken impartially. For further details see the HEIACert Terms of Reference for the Committee for Safeguarding Impartiality.
refer to HEIACert Quality Manual – Version 3.0